If you’re reading this article, then there’s a good chance that you have at least one beautiful pair of suede Jordans.
And if so, we can’t blame you for wanting to keep them looking their best as long as possible. But the truth is that cleaning suedes aren’t always easy, especially when it comes to knowing how to clean suede Jordans at home easily with easily available items!
Maybe your Jordans are starting to look a bit too dirty, or maybe you just got them and want to make sure they stay in great condition. You don’t want to spend too much money on replacing your expensive Jordans – so make sure they stay in great condition.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide on cleaning your loved Suede Jordans like a pro! We hope it helps 🙂
Courtesy : RESHOEVN8R
- 1 So What are Nike and Jordans?
- 2 Why Jordans are So Popular?
- 3 How to Clean Suede Jordans Easily With Household Products at Home
- 4 How to Clean The Soles of Suede Jordans?
- 5 How to Whiten Yellow Soles of Jordans
- 6 How to Clean Suede Jordan Laces?
- 7 How to Waterproof Suede Jordans?
- 8 Suede Jordan Maintenance Tips
- 9 A Useful Suede Jordan Cleaning Video
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 11 Final Words
So What are Nike and Jordans?
Before we get into the main article, it’s important to note that Nike and Jordans are actually two completely separate brands.
Nike is an umbrella corporation with subsidiaries such as Converse (shoes), Hurley (clothing), and Bauer (hockey equipment). Jordans, on the other hand, is a subsidiary of Nike that specializes in footwear.
That’s why, for example, you can see Converse Jordans shoes but never Nike Jordans shoes! The name of the brand comes from the most famous basketball player who ever lived, Michael Jordan.
Why Jordans are So Popular?
Jordans are so popular because Michael Jordan is an icon-and he was the face of Nike for more than a decade.
Everyone wanted to wear Jordans, and casual fans could even buy them at big retail stores like Walmart or Foot Locker! When you combine that with Jordan’s endless desire to give back through charity events, it’s easy to see why people wanted to support his brand!
Then you have the fact that Jordans are extremely comfortable. Not only do they look good, but they feel good too. Plus, their design ensures that they keep your feet nice and cool while you’re wearing them-even on the hottest summer day!
So they’re incredibly durable, and they also look great for a very long time-unlike the vast majority of shoes you can buy in retail stores. That’s why so many people love their Jordans!
How to Clean Suede Jordans Easily With Household Products at Home
Cleaning suede and preserving Jordan exclusives is a crucial aspect of the hobby for sneaker-crazed fashionistas who collect antique Nike and Jordan exclusives.
Difficulty Level: Easy to Medium
Time Required: 45 minutes (+overnight drying)
Budget Required: $5 – $10
- A suede brush or soft-bristled toothbrush
- Microfiber cloth
- Paper towel
- Warm water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Cornflower (optional)
- Commercial suede cleaner (optional)
- Suede protectant (optional)
- Suede cleaning kit (optional)
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1 – Preparation: Ensure the suede Jordans are completely dry. Remove the laces and insoles (if there). Keep the logistics readily available.
- Step 2 – Brush them: Brush the Jordans with a suede brush or soft-bristled toothbrush to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. Be gentle and thorough in your brushing.
- Step 3 – Fight Spots: If your Jordans have noticeable spots and it’s kinda not dried yet, sprinkle some corn starch on the stained area and let it sit for 30 minutes. If the stain has become dried, use a nail file or spoon to scrape it off as much as possible. Then wipe the area with a moist microfiber cloth.
- Step 4 – Mix the Solution: Mix together warm water, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda (1:1:1 ratio) in a bowl until it forms a thick paste.
- Step 5 – Apply’em: With a clean and moist microfiber cloth, apply the paste to the Jordans (if stained, then especially on the stained area) in a circular motion. Avoid saturating the suede with too much liquid. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Step 6 – Wipe’em: Wipe the Jordans with wet baby wipes or a damp microfiber cloth. Use paper towels to remove any extra solution.
- Step 7 – Dry’em Up: Let the Jordans dry overnight naturally.
- Step 8 – Buff’em: Give the suedes a good buff to make them adequately shiny before wearing them the next morning.
- Step 9 – (Optionally) Apply a Suede Protector: Apply a suede protector to rejuvenate the suede and increase its lifespan.
Pro-tip: Be sure to avoid getting the suedes soaked in water.
How to Clean The Soles of Suede Jordans?
The soles of suede Jordans can be cleaned by using the mini attachment of the vacuum cleaner first. The suction will pick up any dirt or debris on the bottom of the shoes.
If there is any tough or caked-on dirt, it can be removed with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Use a clean sponge and soap-water solution to wipe and clean the soles. Be sure to wring out the sponge so it’s not dripping wet before wiping it across the soles of the shoes. Allow them to air-dry afterward.
How to Whiten Yellow Soles of Jordans
Sometimes you may notice that the white soles of your favorite Jordans start to yellow with age. This is a common issue and can be remedied by using a commercial whitening product or a household remedy like baking soda.
If you choose to use a commercial whitening product, make sure it is safe for use on suede materials. Follow the instructions on the package.
If you want to use a household remedy, follow as below:
Clean Yellow Jordan Soles by Using Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda (And few Alternatives)
- Brush off dirt and dust from the sides and bottoms of soles.
- Dip a clean toothbrush in an H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) and cornmeal (or baking soda).
- Apply the solution with the toothbrush all over the soles. Firmly rub all over, until the yellowish color is starting to get lighter.
- Sit the shoes for 15 minutes. Then again start rubbing, and this time till the soles completely turns white.
- Wipe off the solution with a wet wipe. Repeat wiping a few times.
- Avoid soaking the Jordan in water or rinsing under runny water.
- Let the whole shoes dry, preferably naturally overnight.
- Sometimes it is required to repeat the whole process a few times to completely get the yellowing look of your white soles.
- You can use commercial bleach and water solution instead of H2O2 and cornmeal/baking soda, but with extreme precaution so that the solution doesn’t come in contact with soles only, not the upper.
- You can also use mint toothpaste and warm water solution to do the job.
How to Clean Suede Jordan Laces?
The laces on suede Jordans can be cleaned by using a toothbrush. Gently brush off any dirt or debris that may be on the surface of the laces.
If there is any tough or caked-on dirt, it can be removed with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Use a clean sponge and soap-water solution to wipe and clean the laces. Be sure to wring out the sponge so it’s not dripping wet before wiping it across the surface of the laces. Allow them to air-dry afterward.
How to Waterproof Suede Jordans?
You can waterproof your suede Jordans by using either suede waterproofing elements or a waterproofing spray. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package.
If you are using suede waterproofing elements like beeswax, use a clean cloth to apply it evenly across the surface of the shoes. Allow them to dry completely before wearing them.
If you are using a waterproofing spray, be sure to follow the instructions on the package. Apply the spray evenly across the surface of the shoes and allow them to dry completely before wearing them.
Waterproofing your suede Jordans will help to protect them from water damage and will also help to extend their lifespan.
Suede Jordan Maintenance Tips
To keep your suede Jordans in pristine condition, follow these tips:
- Avoid getting them wet- If they do get wet, let them air-dry naturally.
- Avoid wearing them in dirty or dusty environments.
- Store them in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Use a suede brush to remove any dirt or debris that may accumulate on the surface of the shoes.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your suede Jordans will stay looking their best for years to come!
A Useful Suede Jordan Cleaning Video
Courtesy : JustDex
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean my suede Jordans?
It is best to clean your suede Jordans on a regular basis, especially if you wear them frequently. If they get dirty or wet, be sure to let them air-dry naturally.
Can I use a regular brush to clean my suede Jordans?
No, you should not use a regular brush to clean your suede Jordans. A regular brush can damage the surface of the shoes. Instead, use a suede brush or a soft-bristled toothbrush.
What is the best way to store my suede Jordans?
The best way to store your suede Jordans is in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing them in direct sunlight or in a humid environment.
Does waterproofing my suede Jordans void the warranty?
No, waterproofing your suede Jordans does not void the warranty.
Will using a waterproofing spray darken my suede Jordans?
No, using a waterproofing spray will not darken your suede Jordans.
Suede Jordan cleaning is a breeze once you know how to do it. In this article, we have outlined the best way to clean your suede Jordans using simple ingredients and tools that you probably already have in your home. We have also provided tips on how to waterproof your shoes and care for them properly so that they look good as new for years to come!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve our effort!
Tell us how we can improve our effort
- How to Clean Birkenstocks at Home Like a Pro Under 60 Minutes - April 20, 2022
- How to Clean Suede Jordans Like a Pro at Home - April 15, 2022
- How To Get Oil Stains Out Of Suede Shoes and Boots at Home : 3 Easy DIY Methods - March 17, 2022